Navigate the World Around You and that Latest Best Seller with One Consistent Physical Experience!
Today people everywhere consume content while traveling, but for someone who is blind or visually impaired physical keys plus a consistent user experience is so much more important while navigating outside with one hand already occupied by a cane or dog guide.
The VictorReader Trek combines the world renowned simple book reading and media playback experience of the VictorReader Stream with the navigation guidance technology found in the Trekker Breeze.
With the press of the Online button you can toggle between the always-on Orientation Guidance Mode and Offline or Online Book Reading:
- Take a long bus ride and read books or listen to podcasts.
- Need to check where you are? Simply toggle to the orientation mode and press the “Where Am I” button.
- With the press of that one button, Trek will tell you:
- Your current nearest address
- Cardinal direction you are traveling
- Description of the next intersection. (Whether it is a 3-way or 4-way intersection, which streets go which direction, and approximate distance)
- Next instruction if you are following a route
- Want to mark that specific intersection to return to on a future trip? Simply drop a voice tagged landmark and you can receive turn by turn directions to that exact point.
- Want to navigate to a specific address? Use Trek’s familiar telephone keypad to quickly type the address.
- If you don’t need to get off the bus, simply press the toggle button again and you will be back in your book or podcast exactly where you left off.
Trek provides specific pedestrian or vehicle instructions:
- Pedestrian directions ensure the user is not guided on major highways
- Vehicle instructions reduces the amount of details provided to the user so they can more easily direct a sighted driver
Trek is Ideal for Open Area Navigation!
Navigating on a college campus or similar campus environments can be challenging if you are new to the environment. Trek offers options to make you feel immediately more comfortable.
- Drop voice tagged landmarks at each building you will be returning to and Trek will always provide you instructions to navigate there, even when no streets are found
- Travel with confidence knowing that your landmarks will always be your points of reference
But we did not just merge two products. We designed a product for the future of orientation:
- The Trek includes Bluetooth for listening to Bluetooth headsets. (HumanWare recommends the bone conduction headsets to avoid blocking one’s ears while traveling)
- Users can also use headsets with control keys to modify the volume, and perform commands related to book playback or GPS navigation.
- We use map data from TomTom which will be updated on a regular bases.
- Users can use entire country maps now rather than individual map sections.
What comes in the box?
- VictorReader Trek device
- USB cable
- Power adaptor
- Small USB cable for support of thumb drives or cartridges
- Weather resistant carrying case
- Getting started sheet