eSight’s New wearable assistive device is clinically validated to significantly enhance vision for those who are living with eye disease and disorders that lead to low vision and legal blindness. eSight 4 sets a new standard for enhanced vision technology by providing even greater visual clarity, a more versatile hardware design to enable unprecedented mobility and all-day use, and incorporates new advanced cloud-based capabilities and mobile apps.
eSight 4 builds upon the success of eSight 3, which was named one of TIME Magazine’s Best Inventions. Since that time, thousands of users have joined eSight’s community living with visual acuities from 20/60 to 20/1400 (perfect vision is 20/20) caused by more than 20 different eye conditions including macular degeneration, diabetic retinopathy, and Stargardt’s disease.
The vision-enhancing technology built into eSight 4 works by stimulating the remaining synaptic activity in the user’s eyes to provide the brain with increased visual information. Using the same clinically validated principles, eSight 4 incorporates extensive research and feedback from users to bring new advancements in three key areas:
1. Greater Visual Acuity: The new eSight 4 combines the best-matched camera, lens, and screens that are backed by powerful custom software so the user can see more clearly and in greater detail.
- More powerful software capabilities including improved auto-focus, applauded by early wearers, and 2x the maximum brightness.
- Advanced controls that continue to allow wearers to take control of their vision with 24X zoom, focus, and contrast, but now also include custom viewing modes.
- Two high-resolution screens (1280×960) for a full binocular vision that integrate with the user’s own prescription lenses to enable even greater visual clarity.
2. New Hardware Design for Greater Mobility: eSight 4 is the most mobile and versatile device that moves seamlessly with the wearer’s lifestyle whether reading or out on the go.
- Wireless and hands-free, the eSight 4 head-mounted device includes easy to use built-in controls for true freedom and active living.
- Thoughtfully designed, the new eSight 4 halo band with easy-swap back-battery perfectly distributes the weight for all-day comfort and use.
- eSight 4 maintains its patented bioptic tilt feature which allows users to see what’s in front of them using eSight, and maintain what’s around them using their remaining peripheral vision.
3. Now Cloud-Based with New Mobile Apps: Leveraging the best of today’s digital possibilities, eSight 4 provides advanced capabilities in terms of community, support, entertainment, and connectivity.
- An eSight exclusive feature, shared accounts allows users to invite loved ones, or eSight support, to securely see what they see and help customize their experience.
- Using the mobile app, users can view their mobile screen on their eSight where they can freeze and zoom to see the details, watch video streaming on their phone on their eSight, and save and share photos and videos captured on their eSight to the user’s mobile device.
- Cloud-based, users get instant access to the latest features, which sets the stage for new possibilities for innovative community and adaptive learning capabilities.
See what’s possible with eSight 4:
- See the faces of loved ones
- Clean, cook, shop, and more
- Enjoy TV, books, and newspapers
- Start new jobs, or return to them
- Attend school at all levels
- Enjoy hobbies and interests
- Travel and experience new environments with greater confidence and safety
Win back your independence with eSight 4. eSight’s breakthrough technology has enabled individuals living with Macular Degeneration to finish school, return to work, and enjoy quality time with friends and family.
Near or Far – Gives you the freedom to get up and go. By providing a real-time image that toggles between near and far almost instantly, eSight lets you do more things with much greater ease and clarity.
Up or Down – You will be able to see the face of a loved one, or scale the face of a mountain. When face-to-face is what you’re after, just flip up the visor and you will enjoy the best of both.
Peer-to-Peer – Used by people living with macular degeneration, diabetic retinopathy, and a host of other conditions. We offer coaching and peer-to-peer support to ensure our clients get all the benefits that eSight provides.
eSight 4 can help with a range of vision conditions
From Macular Degeneration to Stargardt disease to ocular albinism, eSight 4 is used by many people living with different kinds of visual impairments. Learn about how eSight 4 helps common vision conditions:
- Macular Degeneration: eSight greatly magnifies what is in front of you, enough to provide enough stimulus to let you see far more clearly, while also reducing eye strain. eSight users with macular degeneration report being able to see loved ones, or watch sports from the sidelines.
- Stargardt Disease: eSight brings the image of what you’re looking at closer, which provides enough stimulus to the eye to be able to see with more clarity and detail. eSight users with Stargardt’s disease report being able to see the faces of loved ones, or simply go about their day-to-day lives more easily.
- Retinopathy of Prematurity: eSight’s ability to magnify and various lighting features help you enhance far distance and adjust to environments with different lighting conditions. Users with retinopathy of prematurity share that they are able to better see street signs, presentations, and make out faces in large groups of people.
- Ocular Albinism: eSight has a high success rate with people experiencing ocular albinism. Advanced algorithms allow you to see in finer detail and with less strain on your eye, and the close images help with nystagmus. eSight has luminance and contrast settings to help with light sensitivity. Our users cite being able to be outside on a sunny day without pain, watch movies or use the computer.
- Optic Nerve Hypoplasia: eSight’s ability to magnify what is in front of you makes it particularly well-suited for Optic Nerve Hypoplasia. The ability to adjust brightness and contrast on the headset can also help significantly with light sensitivity.
- Cone-Rod Dystrophy: eSight lets you adjust the brightness and luminance of the display, which can help with light sensitivity. Adjusting contrast may also help you distinguish between shades and assist with night vision.
- Diabetic Retinopathy: eSight brings the image of what is in front of you closer, allowing you to see greater detail with less eye strain. The greater contrast can also help clear up some blind spots, also known as floaters.
- Glaucoma: eSight tends to work best with open-angle glaucoma. The advanced algorithms contain colour functionalities to help with your loss of contrast. Since each individual eye condition is unique, we recommend trying eSight to confirm if it works for you.
- Retinal Detachment: eSight’s ability to magnify can often allow people with retinal detachment to see more clearly and with more detail and to clear up any blind spots or floaters. Success with retinal detachment varies so we recommend testing out the device to see if it will work for you.
- Retinitis Pigmentosa (RP): eSight works best with reverse retinitis pigmentosa as the device relies on your peripheral vision. Since each individual eye condition is unique, we recommend testing the device to confirm if it will work for you.
- Optic Atrophy: eSight magnifies what is in front of you, letting you see with more clarity and detail and with less strain on your eyes. eSight can also brighten and make colors more vivid. Users report being able to see details on the faces of their loved ones, and have more confidence.
- 20+ eye conditions: eSight has helped more than 20 additional eye conditions from Keratoconus, optic neuropathy, macular dystrophy and more. Since each individual eye condition is unique, we recommend you get in touch with one of our advisors to see if eSight could be a great fit for you.
We have proudly helped thousands of eSight users attain their dreams. It’s these emotional journeys and aspiring successes that keep us motivated. Read a few eSight user stories to become inspired.
- Four eSight users share their eSight journey. Hear their initial reaction to a low vision device that could help them see, what their first experience using eSight was like, and how eSight has changed their lives ever since.
- “In addition to taking care of my family, I work full-time and independently do all the things that most people take for granted.” -Yvonne, eSight Wearer
- “For the first time in my life, I clearly saw the details of my mother’s face, her smile, and tears on her cheeks.” –Christy Poteat, Proud eSight Wearer
- If you would like to add more wearer testimonials, we have many in this document.
Trusted by Low Vision Experts
The eSight technological approach has been clinically validated by six leading low vision research and rehabilitation institutes. The study showed the eSight improves distance acuity, reading performance, contrast sensitive, facial recognition and ADLs (Activities of Daily Living). Specifically, it demonstrated a seven-live gain in distance acuity, 100% mobility retention, and a 12 letter contrast improvement. You can read the full study in Optometry and Vision Science.
- “eSight removes the traditional barriers people living with low vision face. Significantly enhancing sight while retaining mobility, eSight makes it possible for people with legal blindness to advance in all levels of school, achieve their professional goals, and more easily participate in society. -Dr. Scott Gartner, Low Vision Specialist, Lighthouses for the Blind, Palm Beaches and Miami
- “eSight provides unprecedented improvement in a number of visual performance measures. More importantly, wearers experience much improved day-to-day visual ability when using eSight. This device has a substantial impact on the lives of many people with severe vision loss.”? -Dr. Gislin Dagnelie, MS, John Hopkins Medicine Health Network